Treatment For Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Helps you become aware of how negative thoughts, emotional reactions and behaviors cause problems over time.
- Challenges negative thoughts about your body image. Teaches a more flexible and realistic way of thinking.
- Helps you discover alternative ways to handle urges that cause you to constantly look in the mirror or seek reassurance
- Medication Therapy
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Other medications