Monday, September 21, 2009

Make it Happ'n Cap'n


Lately, I have been hearing people in my personal and professional life state they are "waiting on something to happen". They are sitting by and hoping to get a raise, find love, improve relationships and so on. I then ask for clarity to this statement and many respond with, "I'm just waiting on things to improve or get better", "my life will be better when....".

If this sounds like you, my response is, "make it happ'n cap'n" (happen captain). Take control of your life and the situations around you. Your boss just may be waiting on you to request a raise, your love may be at a place you really don't frequent or a relationship may improve once you take the step to see what is hindering it. After the 2009 election, I recall someone saying, "don't wait on people to motivate you, motivate yourself".

If you are having trouble with motivation, improving your circumstances or finding direction in your life, counseling may benefit you. Sometimes it is helpful to speak to a trained professional or someone outside of your current support system. Click here to schedule your confidential appointment.


*Info in this blog is strictly my personal and/or professional opinion. Posts and comments are not intended to treat, diagnose or replace any medical advice you may have received. Please contact your doctor or therapist if you feel you need help, and in case of an emergency, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.*


No comments: