Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What Will You Gain When You Lose?



I love this question and frequently use it during my counseling sessions. It's from the Special K advertisement and everytime I see the commercial, I ask myself that question. The main concept the company is addressing is by losing weight, what will you gain? It gets viewers to think about it, to see themselves in a different light. Not only will they lose weight, but they will also gain something much more meaningful to them. On the Special K website, you see women holding various signs showing what they've gained. Words like sass, assurance, delight, peace and glow adorn the page.

This is the same in common, everyday life situations. Often times we see a loss as something bad. The loss of a job or loved one, or even losing our keys or something important can cause us a great deal of stress and anguish.

But what about those things that we need to lose? What can you gain by losing low self esteem. What about losing negative self talk? Can you stand to lose out on an unhealthy relationship?

Ask yourself, "what will I gain when I lose" and then go for being a loser! It's OK!

*Info in this blog is strictly my personal and/or professional opinion. Posts and comments are not intended to treat, diagnose or replace any medical advice you may have received. Please contact your doctor or therapist if you feel you need help, and in case of an emergency, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.*


No comments: