Monday, January 25, 2016

How To Stop Agonizing And Conquer Your Goals

“Dare to dream! If you did not have the capability to make your wildest wishes come true, your mind would not have the capacity to conjure such ideas in the first place. There is no limitation on what you can potentially achieve, except for the limitation you choose to impose on your own imagination. What you believe to be possible will always come to pass - to the extent that you deem it possible. It really is as simple as that.” -  Anthon St. Maarten

This is the final edition to my month long blog series about setting goals using the S.M.A.R.T. method. I hope you have not only learned from my post but actually committed to making your goals SMART.

Subscribe to my blog post so you won’t miss next month’s series, love and relationships.

In today’s post I will be going over the last letter in the S.M.A.R.T. goals method. At the end of this post I will provide an example of a goal in its completion using this method.
 

I would love for you to share your SMART goal with me by leaving a comment below.

I have enjoyed teaching about goal setting this month. While teaching you I also taught myself more about crafting my goals better so that I will achieve them.

Has it done the same for you?

Let’s begin crafting the last portion of your S.M.A.R.T. goals, Time-Bound.

Don’t forget your S.M.A.R.T. goals worksheet.

Time-Bound
This portion of goal setting refers to setting your goals in a time frame giving them a sense of urgency. By setting a specific date on which your goals should be achieved you do not let life get in the way of achieving your goals. In my last blog post I gave in my example how to set a specific date for completing your goals.

 
Bad Example: I am going to lose 20lbs this year.

Good Example: I am going to lose 20lbs by this year. I will be starting my diet on May 1, 2016 and I will have lost 20lbs by August 12, 2016.   

By setting a specific date you begin to subconsciously place more value and importance on this goal because you have given yourself a deadline.

I have completed explaining how to craft your goals using the S.M.A.R.T. goal setting method.


Have you understood how to implement this new strategy of goal setting?

I will now give you one last example using all five letters of the S.M.A.R.T. goal.

Bad Example: I want to lose 20lbs pounds this year so I can fit into my bikini this summer when I go to the beach.
 
Good Example: Starting on January 1, 2016 I am going to start my diet so that I will lose 20lbs in order to fit into a bikini when I go the Bahamas. I can just envision myself walking along the beach with no self-doubt, fear or shame. I will be confident once again in my own body and my self-awareness will improve. I will begin my diet by changing my eating habits following the Weight Watchers diet plan. I will start walking three times a week for at least 30 minutes and toning twice a week for 15 minutes each session doing upper body one day and lower body the next day. I will have lost 20lbs by May 23, 2016 and I will be able to fit into my size 8 bikini.

 
See the difference in the two examples?

 
The first example is just a vague statement and when reading it doesn’t invoke any excitement, urgency or importance. In the next example however, you have a vision of how your life will be when you lose 20lbs and you have an executable plan of action to follow.

As I bring this blog post to a close I want to thank you for reading.

I cannot say enough how I hope you not only got value out of this but also that you implement the strategies that you have learned.

Leave me a comment below and tell me your thoughts. I would love to hear your feedback.

 
P.S. Subscribe to my blog post so you won’t miss next month’s subject. In honor of Valentine’s Day all month long I will be discussing love and relationship. In one of my post I will be revealing how to use a certain type of sex method to build a stronger spiritual bond with your partner. Subscribe now to find out what it is, next month.

 

No comments: